[erlang-questions] input too fast

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Sat Jun 30 00:34:29 CEST 2007

With the -noshell option, the kernel application will still grab stdin.
With -noinput, it only grabs stdout (which is less of a problem, since
anyone can write to a port using port_command().)

BR,
Ulf W

________________________________

	From: Fredrik Svahn [mailto:fredrik.svahn@REDACTED]
	Sent: den 29 juni 2007 23:02
	To: Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB)
	Cc: Per Hedeland; erlang-questions@REDACTED
	Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] input too fast

	On 6/29/07, Fredrik Svahn <fredrik.svahn@REDACTED> wrote:

		It would seem to me that having stdin sent to a process
of your choice is definitely more "erlangy" than doing file:reads (if
there was some back pressure). But using open_port still seems a little
bit dirty to me... :-) It might be a bit difficult to explain to a
newbie and also has the added disadvantage of using extra command line
options (-user as in Ulfs example at the shootout).

	I should mention that I had the same problem with the "stdin as
file" approach. I had to patch escript.c and change "-noshell" to
"-noinput". Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?