[erlang-questions] Optimal way to restrict a ram_copies table to N entries

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Jun 28 00:33:57 CEST 2007

I just love answering my own questions :-).

I think the optimal solution is to use ram_copies + ordered_set. The
size of the table can be found out with mnesia:table_info/2 and if
erlang:now() is used as a timestamp then the beginning or the end of
the queue can be found with mnesia:first or mnesia:last.

I think the first item inserted can be found out with mnesia:first
even on a set table. The only issue I can think of is erlang:now()
differences among all the nodes.

Any flaws in my logic?

--
http://topdog.cc      - EasyLanguage to C# compiler