[erlang-questions] Why Amazon EC2 isn't yet a platform for real web applications

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Jun 21 20:40:23 CEST 2007

On Jun 21, 2007, at 4:37 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:

> It could potentially be set up that way if you had all public IP
> addresses.  I
> just confirmed at ?DAYJOB that we do not have public IP's and all
> the traffic
> flows through our load balancers and the servers pass a private IP
> back and forth.

Each EC2 instance has a private and a public address. I set up my
instance to talk to my dynamic DNS provider to set the public IP
address.

Are your instances set up without a public IP address?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://topdog.cc      - EasyLanguage to C# translator
http://wagerlabs.com  - Blog