[erlang-questions] generators/iterators

Damien Morton dmorton@REDACTED
Tue Jun 19 07:05:31 CEST 2007

Hi - thanks for your notes on interfaces for lazy lists. I tend to see
lists as materialized streams though, rather than the other way around.

Interestingly enough - prior art does in fact use exceptions to indicate
the end of a stream - Python does just that.

Ugly though it may be, it seems to be a practical and effective way of
communicating out of band information about a stream - i.e. when it
terminates.

Iterating over tuples would be handy, as would a standard interface by
which arbitrary data structures could be iterated over in comprehensions
(without having to convert them into lists).