[erlang-questions] not a question. erlang sighted in the wild: DragonFly BSD: UNIX for Clusters? > Clusters and Parallelism

Thomas Hühn newsgroups@REDACTED
Mon Jun 18 13:20:13 CEST 2007

Bengt Kleberg <bengt.kleberg@REDACTED> writes:

> erlang is sufficiently mainstream to make it into off hand comments like
> this http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=766375&seqNum=2 (at
> the end).

I doubt that this means that Erlang might be some kind of mainstream
now.

It just means that the author couldn't think of a better example for a
N:M threading library/VM/whatever. Everything else is probably just even
more obscure. :-)

Erlang seems to be really nice in that niche (I never played with it but
intend to do so after Joe Armstrong's book is out[1]), but I wouldn't
interpret too much into it.

Thomas

[1] Yes, I know that there is the beta PDF, but right now I don't have
the time, and furthermore, when it comes to reading books, I have to say
that Harry Potter will get priority over this