[erlang-questions] generators/iterators

Damien Morton dmorton@REDACTED
Mon Jun 18 07:09:23 CEST 2007

Im new to Erlang - so its just that - a guess. But ... when I imagine
what the machinery for a message send is, compared to what I know the
machinery for a function call is, at last in broad strokes, if a fun
call isnt faster, it should be.

The speed is one thing - but I think the more important reason is that
the fun call subsumes the message receive, that is, the
generator-as-repeated-fun call can implement receive functionality
easily if desired, but it would tend to be awkward to do it the other
way around.