[erlang-questions] Problem running code from Armstrong's Programming Erlang

Kirill Zaborski qrilka@REDACTED
Sat Jun 16 18:26:18 CEST 2007

I haven't read the book so don't understand the purpose of those examples
but it looks like in the second one the is no response message sent (e.g.
>From ! {self(), Width * Ht} in the first clause in area_server_final:loop/0)
so receive blocks the shell. The workaround could be adding some timeout to
the receive statement in ctemplate:rpc/2

Regards,
Kirill.