[erlang-questions] Trouble building R11B5 on solaris sparc 10

PJ Durai pjdtech2000@REDACTED
Fri Jun 15 18:30:40 CEST 2007

On 6/15/07, Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED> wrote:
> PJ Durai wrote:
> > Hello
> > I am encountering problems when I try to build build the recent source
> > tarball in solaris sparc 10 (this is also a recent version, full
> > install.)
> >
> > $ uname -a
> > SunOS goliath 5.10 Generic_118833-33 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80
> >
> > $ gcc --version
> > gcc (GCC) 3.4.3 (csl-sol210-3_4-branch+sol_rpath)
> >
> > I googled around and couldn't find any information about this.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> You need to use GNU's loader and assembler.
>
> Make sure they appear before the ones from SUN in your path.

Is there some information about this somewhere ?

This is how my environment is configured. Not sure if this is correct.

$ echo $PATH
/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

$ which ld
/usr/ccs/bin/ld

$ which as
/usr/ccs/bin/as