[erlang-questions] "Mnesia is overloaded"

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Fri Jun 15 03:19:11 CEST 2007

lg> Today I'm using a series of mnesia:dirty_write calls but this
lg> generates a lot of "Mnesia is overloaded...write_threshold"
lg> printouts that I want to avoid.

My understanding of those messages is that Mnesia has reached the
startup option "-mnesia dump_log_write_threshold Max" (Max's default =
100) before the last log dump finished.  It's a sign that you're busy.
Mostly harmless.

lg> 1. Is this code correct?  [...] I'm running R9C-0.

Does R9C-0 require both mnesia:change_table_copy_type/3 and
mnesia:add_table_copy/3?  In newer versions, only the former is
necessary.

-Scott