[erlang-questions] ODBC low level question: Use of sockets by port

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Wed Jun 13 16:10:53 CEST 2007

Hello,

Le 13 juin 07 à 10:58, Mickaël Rémond a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am currently troubleshoting ODBC low level connection problems.
> We are seeing case, when under high load the odbc:connect function
> is returning einval.
> It very likely comes from the gen_tcp accept code.
> Do you see any reason this code should fail ? Initial connection to
> the database is working fine. It happens on reconnect.
>
> I am still investigating on this but I would like to get your
> feedback if you have any idea why it can happen.

Looked at the ODBC code and I do not see any valid reason for that to
happen. einval is send by the Linux Kernel, and it seems to me that
this hardly possible to come from Erlang.
The ODBC code does 2 listens (Returning ok with socket), and later on
two accepts. One of the accept seems to fail with einval, which seems
to mean that the socket is not listening.
Strange...

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/