[erlang-questions] Mnesia transactions and locking

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Jun 12 15:01:21 CEST 2007

Table locks are used for searches (unless mnesia
can figure out that the key is bound in your
select() or match_object() call, I believe).
Record locks are used for individual reads and
writes.

If you know that you'll make lots of writes to
the same table from within a transaction, it
may speed things up significantly if you first
take a table lock, but mnesia doesn't support
any heuristics to figure that out automatically.

BR,
Ulf W