[erlang-questions] Design question: A process created per request?

Yeming Zhao zhaoyeming@REDACTED
Mon Jun 11 17:29:25 CEST 2007

I want to write a TCP application to process requests from a client and then
response, asynchronously. The client sends a request without waiting for the
response for the previous request. I'm assuming the processing will be
time-consuming (part of the request may be forwarded to another server and
my app will wait for the response from that server before it can send the
final response to the client).

I'm new to Erlang and heard creation and message passing in Erlang is
inexpensive. I'm thinking of spawning a process for each request, but I'm
really not sure whether this is the standard way in Erlang. Can someone give
me any advise?

Thanks,
Yeming