[erlang-questions] application:start() without "ghost" processes

Mazen mazen@REDACTED
Mon Jun 11 10:13:41 CEST 2007

Two questions:

1) Anyone out there who has a neat way of running a module:fun() on startup of an application? Similar to the module:start() callback but without the hassle of having to create a "ghost" process just to keep the whole thing from crashing.

Right now I have 3 applications that are static but I create 3 "ghost" processes just to run them. One can argue that it's "just 3 processes" but the principal of the matter is that I am forced to do it in this (imho) ugly way.

2) Maybe an onload() callback in the specified application module OR the ability to return {ok, noproc} instead of {ok, Pid} would help alot?