[erlang-questions] texinfo

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Sun Jun 10 21:58:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

The source for the Erlang documentation is currently SGML and will soon be XML.
When we have finished converting the sources to XML (which is really
easy) we plan to release the doc source
as Open Source together with the code (but probably in a separate package).

I think that a well defined XML source should serve as a good starting point for
many different purposes like online help in editors, nicer formatting etc.
We already translate to LaTex for the pdf docs I don't know why texinfo would
be an interesting format when we already have a formal markup with DTD's
tailormade for the purpose. Please explain the benefits with texinfo.

Release of the source for the doc will happen during the year, probably
Q3.

/Kenneth (Erlang/OTP team at Ericsson)