[erlang-questions] ErlLounge ++ Thesis Presentation 14/6 in London

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Thu Jun 7 17:24:29 CEST 2007

Hi All,

a note to invite you all to a thesis presentation (It is that time of
the year :-) ) and Erl Lounge next Thursday June 14th 2007 at 18.00.

Oscar has been busy investigate how to optimize an Erlang system for
maximum TCP/IP connectivity with regards of Operating System, tuning of
the Operating System TCP stack and tunings of the Erlang Runtime System.
The study shows how a series of benchmarks are used to evaluate the
impact of these factors and how to evaluate the best settings for
deploying an Erlang application. The results should be of interest to
anyone working with TCP/IP intensive applications such as yaws or
ejabberd. For those who can not make it, the thesis and the presentation
will be posted online later next week.

Oscar will start at 18.00 in the meeting room of our London offices.
Pizza will follow, after which we expect to head to a local pub. For
those of you who have not been there, we are based close to Liverpool
Street station, in front of Spitalfields Market. Let us know if you are
planning on attending so we can plan accordingly.

Directions are here: http://www.erlang-consulting.com/contact.html
Information on ErlLounges are here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ErlLounge

Welcome!
Francesco