[erlang-questions] Problems checking out jungerl

Torbjorn Tornkvist <>
Tue Jun 5 17:53:16 CEST 2007

Mats Cronqvist wrote:
> Christian S wrote:
>> I'd like to put more attention on Torbjörns post about his mirror of
>> jungerl in git.
>> The move has been done. Git is an excellent versioning system
>> for open source. Everyone in possession of a repo clone has commit access.
>> The way to be heard/published is to put your git repo online so your
>> friends can pull from it (and to produce something worth to pull :).
>> We dont need a central repository, we need many repositories.
>    i use git at home, and it's pretty excellent (certainly much better than
> sourceforge).
>    but, iirc, the point of jungerl was to have a central repository that
> everybody pushed to.
>    i don't really see how it would work if there was a 100 different clones, all
> slightly different. even the linux guys have a primary public repository.
>    perhaps tobbe has a vision?

Well, since jungerl is just a big dump, a SVN google repos is
probably the simplest solution. The good thing is that the git-svn
connection is so good that git fans (including myself) can still
use git for local work/sharing and still be able to push towards google.

So someone just need to volunteer to create the google account and run
the cvs2svn script. I think that Luke at least need to create the
account since he probably is the owner of the sourceforge project
and therefore will need to approve the google account.