[erlang-questions] A new backend for Mnesia

Joel Reymont <>
Mon Jun 4 13:18:49 CEST 2007

On Jun 4, 2007, at 11:38 AM, Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) wrote:

> Are you refering to the dumping of the transaction log?

> Mnesia commits to all copies, but writes only to the
> transaction log for disc_only_copies. For disc_copies,
> the ram_copy part is updated immediately, and the disk
> part is refreshed when the transaction log is dumped.

I guess I'll have to hack it further since I don't have a "log" per
se and need only the disc* copy that received the write request to
dump it.

Suppose that all the nodes dump their log to the same database table
on some database server. If all the nodes do this for every request
than the same transaction will be posted by every node which is
redundant and possibly erroneous.

	Thanks, Joel

http://topdog.cc      - EasyLanguage to C# translator
http://wagerlabs.com  - Blog