[erlang-questions] A new backend for Mnesia

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Mon Jun 4 12:07:29 CEST 2007

On Jun 4, 2007, at 10:14 AM, Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) wrote:

> There is support for plugging in alternative backends
> in the RDBMS contrib

I have yet to take a look but how is this different from creating new
table types?

Would I be able to use regular Mnesia table types after applying the
patches?

>> 1) How easy would it be to make Mnesia only push the
>> data to the backend store on the Mnesia node that received
>> the write request?
>
> That should be easy - just make sure that only that node
> has a copy of the table.

The issue is that the backend is the same for all Mnesia nodes so all
Mnesia nodes in my case have the same table. Following the regular
Mnesia approach of committing on all non-ram  nodes I would be
committing the same data multiple times to the same backend.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://topdog.cc      - EasyLanguage to C# translator
http://wagerlabs.com  - Blog