[erlang-questions] Patch for erlang.el (optional debug_info on compile)

Bill Clementson billclem@REDACTED
Sun Jun 3 08:48:36 CEST 2007

Hey Luke!

Luke Gorrie <luke.gorrie@REDACTED> writes:
>> At present, erlang-mode doesn't provide any way to compile an erlang
>> file for debug - you have to manually do the debug compile in an
>> Erlang shell.
>
> Once upon a time debug_info was the default. But this was changed
> since the way it's implemented is to include the whole parse tree in
> the beam file which (a) causes bloat and (b) lets bad guys like me
> read your code :-)
>
> If you don't care then put this in e.g. ~/.bashrc to enable it globally:
>
>   export ERL_COMPILER_OPTIONS='[debug_info]'

Yeah, but I would rather not have that be the default - that's why I
submitted the patch so that debug_info would be added if the function
was called with a prefix arg. Hmm, thinking about it a bit more, it
might be better to have the user prompted for the compile options when
the function is called with a prefix arg - that would make it a bit
more versatile.

- Bill