[erlang-questions] Maximum number of Mnesia nodes

denis dloutrein.lists@REDACTED
Mon Jul 30 19:48:31 CEST 2007

I thought that the transaction time increase was less than that.
Isn't the replication done in parallel? I mean, if we have 3 nodes, and we
do an insert, for instance, the insert is forwarded to each node at the same
time, and the coordinator wait for the confirmation of each node to validate
the transaction. In this case, the formula would be approximately:
     C + max(P)

> But do you really need to replicate the data to all nodes?

In fact, the load is dispatched by a load balancer which dispatches requests
to different servers. That's why we have one mnesia instance per server,
with tables replicated. If one server crash, the others servers have all
data to take the load of the crashed one. The problem with this architecture
is if we add to many servers, we increase the load of mnesia replication.
I'll try to find if we can use fragments in our case, or rethink the
architecture.

Denis