[erlang-questions] Message multiplexing

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Sat Jul 28 11:21:08 CEST 2007

The answer is that you will have to wait until all of message A has
been delivered. This is required because erlang DOES make ordering
assurances for message sending from the same process.

This issue is a problem is when you are sending a large message from
one process and small messages from other processes. One solution
would be for the distribution protocol to multiplex in chunks of X
bytes rather than whole messages (while retaining the order of
messages on a per process basis) , and then re-assemble the messages
at the other end before delivery.

Some work to do at a quite low level to make this happen.

Sean