[erlang-questions] Stand Alone Erlang Still Updated?

Peter K Chan <>
Wed Jul 25 18:14:55 CEST 2007

Thank you, Ben and Chris. I am already using CEAN but didn't realize
that it could be used for distribution. I will have to check out Wings3D

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:] On Behalf Of Benjamin
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:15 AM
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Stand Alone Erlang Still Updated?

G'day Peter,

The "standard" for stripped-down, only-the-essentials Erlang would be
the CEAN distribution. It is also about as close to SAE as I have seen
for a while. I personally would prefer the ability to distribute Erlang
in an SAE manner (i.e. exe with single zip), but CEAN comes close. You
might alo wish to look at how Wings3D handles distribution. It is
written in Erlang and happens to be a very capable mesh modelling tool
(i.e. 3D graphics modeling).