[erlang-questions] The meaning of OTP...

Niclas Eklund nick@REDACTED
Fri Jul 20 15:11:54 CEST 2007

Hello!

Since, for example, the article in Dr.Dobbs, posted by Tobbe, refers to
www.erlang.org and www.trapexit.org, it might attract new people
(http://ddj.com/dept/opensource/201001928?cid=RSSfeed_DDJ_OpenSource) and
they might not read that thread. But they will for sure read what's on the
start page:

 "What is Erlang and OTP?

 Erlang is a programming language and a runtime system with strong
 built-in support for concurrency, distribution and fault tolerance.
 Originally developed at Ericsson, Erlang was released as open source in
 1998.

 The Open Transaction Platform (OTP) is set of Erlang libraries and design
 principles providing middle-ware to develop distributed, fault tolerant,
 massively concurrent soft real-time systems."

IMHO, that might be confusing.

/Niclas