[erlang-questions] Amazon S3: Now with locking, transactions and caching

Christopher Baus christopher@REDACTED
Fri Jul 20 13:48:18 CEST 2007

> There will always be a cost per write. You could minimize it by
> syncing the cache with S3 periodically but ... why bother? You are
> saving the cost per read for sure, at least for cached items.

Out of curiosity, how big are your writes?  $0.01 per 1000 writes isn't
exactly dirt cheap.  I've been wondering if S3 could be used for a high
frequency site like Twitter.  http://baus.net/s3-twitter-back-of-napkin

But even at 1000 writes/second you are starting to put some serious money
in Jeff Bezo's pocket.