[erlang-questions] Application resource file

Bob Cowdery Bob.Cowdery@REDACTED
Wed Jul 11 13:08:26 CEST 2007

Thanks

That will teach me to use the man pages and not the html docs which don't seem to have any reference to config(4). By overidding parameters, which appears to be the way of doing things I can achieve what I need.

Bob

Henry wrote:
> Hi Bob,

> If you had looked a bit closer in app(4) you would have found that the
next man page to look in is config(4) which states the intent an format
of the the_name_of_your_config_file.config. All the information you need
can be found in that man page.

/Cheers Henry

Bob Cowdery wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have been using an application resource file for some time. Starting my application as in 'application:start(erlinksr).' picks up the default file and consumes it without problems. This file is called erlinksr.app. Now I want to feed different resource files according to a profile. Looking at the erl switches  documentation I see a -config switch which points me to (app(4) and application(3)) which talk about resource files. If I say '-config erlinksr' (having copied the file to be erlinksr.config as it expects this extension) it complains:
>
> {"could not start kernel pid",application_controller,"error in config file \"./erlinksr.config\" (none): configuration file must contain ONE list ended by <dot>"}
>
> Clearly these are different config files. Is the documentation wrong or did I read it wrong? How can I have my application start with different resource files apart from copying over the right one before starting erl.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

Jan Henry Nystrom
Training Manager @ Erlang Training and Consulting Ltd