[erlang-questions] input too fast

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Wed Jul 4 09:56:55 CEST 2007

greetings,

i have a better idea than my previous suggestions. once, upon one of the
occasions that i tried to make a contribution to the shootout, i noted
the lack of stdin/stdout/stderr access from the file module. looking
around i found my old code (from many years ago) and this is what i had
at the time:

add the possibility to handle the atom standard_io as an IoDevice in
file:read/2, write/2, pread/2-3, pwrite/2-3.

1 this is backwards compatible since nobody can have used an atom here.
2 it is consistent since the io module has this possibility already.

it might be a good idea to add a access stderr, too.

bengt
--
Those were the days...
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides