[erlang-questions] Patches for HIPE on OS X (Leopard WWDC Beta)

Brent Fulgham bfulg@REDACTED
Sun Jul 1 20:41:09 CEST 2007

I ran into problems trying to build Erlang using the Leopard Beta from
WWDC.  Attached are the patches I generated to get HIPE to compile
with the new OS changes.

Most of these patches are simply adjusting the thread and float
primitives to the new structure (under Intel, 32-bit).  Someone
knowledgeable about HIPE should check them to see if they seem
reasonable.  It is very likely that they will break for PowerPC and 64-
bit Intel.

If any of the HIPE guys would like me to try variations on these
patches, I'd be happy to look into it.

At the very least, these changes let me run various shootout tests on
my MacBook Pro.

Thanks,

-Brent