[erlang-questions] Deforesting tuple updates

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Feb 22 08:43:36 CET 2007

Bjorn,

On Feb 22, 2007, at 7:09 AM, Bjorn Gustavsson wrote:

> Do you also plan to implement a write barrier in the garbage collector
> at the same time? If not, you are likely to get some nasty emulator
> crashes.

Could you expand on this?

I understand that the optimization is performed if a fixnum is used
to index the tuple and if the updates are done within the same
function. This is what I remember form your previous explanation. Is
this correct?

Then all I want to do is include in the optimization the case where
indexing is done using a local variable, within the same function.

I firmly believe that a little poking around in this area will be
worth it big time. I also need this type of deforesting for my
trading systems platform.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/