[erlang-questions] dict, orddict and gb_tree

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Thu Feb 22 00:09:11 CET 2007

Not really, the runs are pretty long and have to run them a number of
times anyway to even out gc. If you  do it in a new process everytime
then doing the initial increase of heap will punish the results.

Anyway in this case I was not really interested in absolute timings only
in showing relative indicative times. For real and relevant measurements
you need an application.

Also it provides a bit of incentive to optimise the code.

Robert