[erlang-questions] Dialyzer on R11B-3: cerl_to_icode error

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Wed Feb 21 14:45:44 CET 2007

Giacomo Olgeni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting some errors from dialyzer on R11B-3, does anybody know what
> the actual problem might be?

Yes.

> =ERROR REPORT==== 21-Feb-2007::14:18:49 ===
> cerl_to_icode: undefined variable: 1129.

This is a problem that we also occasionally get -- and fix to the extent
we know about it.  It happens when the cerl_to_icode translation fails
for some reason or another.  Typically, this is because the translation
does not properly handle the new boolean operators ("andalso" and "orelse").

First of all, I suggest you identify the code on which this happens (by
dialyzing one file at a time, until you get the error).  Please send us
that code.  If the code contains "andalso" and "orelse" then most
probably it's due to their presense. If so, you have two options to deal
with this:

  - Either compile without +debug_option and dialyze that .beam file
  - Change uses of "andalso" to "," and "orelse" to ";".

Kostis