[erlang-questions] Sharing code between modules with emacs

Sébastien Saint-Sevin seb-cl-mailist@REDACTED
Thu Feb 15 10:33:11 CET 2007

Hi list,

I'm new to erlang and have a question regarding the correct way of sharing code between 2 modules.
I'm writing a client-server app that speaks a common protocol. So i want the shared code to be put in its
own directory to be accessible to both the client and the server.
My directories are something like

	\client\src
	\server\src
	\share\src

But when I compile the client or server source files under emacs, it do not find the code that is put in share.
How can I do that?

I understand that if I put the modules under erl-xxx\lib, they will be found automatically by the code loader, but
I don't want to develop there.

A second question : how can I make the emacs shell to compile the files in the ebin directory instead of the src one ?
And have it looking for the .hrl in the include directory ?
Is this directory structure only for deployment, or can it be used as well while developping with emacs, thus keeping a nicer
directory structure ?

TIA,

Sebastien.