[erlang-questions] Sharing code between modules with emacs

Sébastien Saint-Sevin <>
Thu Feb 15 10:33:11 CET 2007

Hi list,

I'm new to erlang and have a question regarding the correct way of sharing code between 2 modules.
I'm writing a client-server app that speaks a common protocol. So i want the shared code to be put in its
own directory to be accessible to both the client and the server.
My directories are something like

But when I compile the client or server source files under emacs, it do not find the code that is put in share.
How can I do that?

I understand that if I put the modules under erl-xxx\lib, they will be found automatically by the code loader, but
I don't want to develop there.

A second question : how can I make the emacs shell to compile the files in the ebin directory instead of the src one ?
And have it looking for the .hrl in the include directory ?
Is this directory structure only for deployment, or can it be used as well while developping with emacs, thus keeping a nicer
directory structure ?