[erlang-questions] erl -s and erlang program distribution

Michael McDaniel erlangx@REDACTED
Wed Feb 14 06:44:29 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 02:23:30AM -0200, Fernando Ipar wrote:
> Hello once again :)
>
> Please let me know if I'm asking too many questions!
>
> man erl says if I use the -s (or the -run) flag and pass it a module
> name, it should load that module and look for a function
> start/0
>
> I have a module called mysqlha, and amongst other functions, it exports
> start/0
>
> However, neither of these work:
> $ erl -s mysqlha
> $ erl -s mysqlha start
> $ erl -run mysqlha
> $ erl -eval 'mysqlha:start().'
>
> In all cases, I get the usual erlang interpreter
>
> I'm using erl R11B on Fedora Core 5 (package is erlang-0.1.fc5), on x86,
> if any of that helps you guys..
>
> If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'll be grateful :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Fernando.

 does your start command explicitly create output you expect to see?
 if, for example, your last command in start were time(), then make
 your last command

 io:fwrite('~w', [time()])

 also, to exit out of the shell after it runs, do

$ erl -s mysqlha -s init stop

~M