[erlang-questions] Compiling erlang on AIX 5.3

VAUCHER Laurent VAUCHER@REDACTED
Fri Feb 9 09:30:19 CET 2007

> > === Entering application parsetools
> > make[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/otp_src_R11B-2/lib/parsetools/src'
> > erlc -W   +debug_info -I/tmp/otp_src_R11B-2/lib/stdlib/include
-o../ebin
> > yecc.erl
> > Could not load program
> > /tmp/otp_src_R11B-2/bin/powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0/beam:
> >         The program does not have an entry point or
> >           the o_snentry field in the auxiliary header is invalid.
> > Examine file headers with the 'dump -ohv' command.
>
> Hard to say without seeing the complete build log and "config.log",
but using Google there seem to be two main causes for this on AIX

http://jumpdoc.fz-juelich.de/doc_pdf/compiler/SG24-5674-01a-CandC++.pdf

> kent

  This explanation makes real sense. But now, how do I tell configure
not to look for 'ld' but use gcc instead?
I've tried --with-ld=gcc. I've tried forcefully replacing ld by gcc
(which does not work at all). I've tried 'export LD=gcc'...

I can't find a way to do it and I can't find any documentation.

Laurent.