[erlang-questions] Parametrized modules status

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Tue Feb 6 21:37:50 CET 2007

Hi,

Parameterized modules was as said introduced in OTP R10B as has been
working in every release since then.
It is not documented (you have to read Richards paper) because it is
not officially supported by us. Not supported meaning that we are not
testing it properly and
there is no guarantee that all tools like debugger, cover etc. can
handle that feature.
Not supported also meaning that we don't promise to keep the function
in a compatible way.

We don't use it in any released code.

It is a nice feature, and as far as I know it works very well, but I
think it would be a good thing to bring it up as an EEP (Erlang
Enhancement Proposal) before making it official. Maybe there are some
good feedback we can get.