[erlang-questions] : : [SOLVED] Can't set long node name on windows

Anthony Kong KONGA@REDACTED
Fri Dec 28 02:45:30 CET 2007

I am using XP SP2. "-name" works for me.

C:\>c:\opt\erl5.6\bin\erl.exe -name foobar@REDACTED
Eshell V5.6  (abort with ^G)
(foobar@REDACTED)1>

Can you try "tracert" to the IP address you use? Can you see anything unusual from the output?

Cheers, Anthony

>>> "David Tucker" <dbtleonia@REDACTED> 28/12/2007 11:55 am >>>

This still doesn't work for me.  I'm running Windows XP with Erlang 5.6; when I do:

erl -name foobar@REDACTED

I get a popup box saying "erl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."  There are no other error messages.  Has anyone else encountered this bug?  Can anyone suggest how to workaround or diagnose the problem?  Thanks.

Dave

*****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is
addressed and its content is not intended for use by any other
persons.  If you have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately.  Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer.  Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message
is strictly prohibited.

St George Bank Limited AFSL 240997, Advance Asset Management Limited
AFSL 240902,  St George Life Limited AFSL 240900, ASGARD Capital Management Limited
AFSL 240695 and Securitor Financial Group Limited AFSL 240687 is not liable for
the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in
this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.