[erlang-questions] Ajax in Erlang, anyone?

Roberto Saccon rsaccon@REDACTED
Mon Dec 24 14:07:55 CET 2007

AFAIK, there is no GWT-like tool in Erlang.  Look for tercio, that's
an alpha-state Erlang web framework with probably the tightest
JavaScript integration you can currently get in Erlang. But in my
opinion you should keep things separate, unless  you like a mess  like
server side generated JavaScript snippets as  in Rails.

On Dec 24, 2007 10:18 AM, Michele Sciabarra <msciab@REDACTED> wrote:
> Thank you to all  for the overwhelming flood of informations about how
> to do json in Erlang.
>
> Actually, I am exploring Erlang to build Ajax applications, and my
> impressions are similar to those expressed in the lshift blog entry
> regarding their Ajax jukebox:
>
>  >Erlang made a great platform for the server side of the application.
> Its support for clean, simple concurrency let me design the >program in
> a very natural way.
>
> I have not yet read the code for the jukebox application, that is the
> only sample ajax application I have found, but I am planning to do.
>
> My feeling is that an ajax application can be very simple and elegant in
> Erlang, just declaring the functions required, connect to the ajax
> application following some conventions, and provide  data as tuples and
> lists that can be converted to JSON in a very natural way.
>
> However,  the only simple ajax example I have found is the yaws json
> example,  And it looked me very complex and innatural:
>
>     http://yaws.hyber.org/json_intro.yaws
>
> Has anyone had experiences and examples about ajax in erlang to share?
>
> For examples, which fondation javascript library do you feel is the best
> to use? The example ajax jukebox uses Prototipe, but I was under the
> impression that the  pythonic/functional nature of Mochikit could be
> more appropriate for Erlang. However also jQuery has a functional nature...

Roberto Saccon
http://rsaccon.com