[erlang-questions] Ajax in Erlang, anyone?

Michele Sciabarra msciab@REDACTED
Mon Dec 24 13:18:51 CET 2007

Thank you to all  for the overwhelming flood of informations about how
to do json in Erlang.

Actually, I am exploring Erlang to build Ajax applications, and my
impressions are similar to those expressed in the lshift blog entry
regarding their Ajax jukebox:

 >Erlang made a great platform for the server side of the application.
Its support for clean, simple concurrency let me design the >program in
a very natural way.

I have not yet read the code for the jukebox application, that is the
only sample ajax application I have found, but I am planning to do.

My feeling is that an ajax application can be very simple and elegant in
Erlang, just declaring the functions required, connect to the ajax
application following some conventions, and provide  data as tuples and
lists that can be converted to JSON in a very natural way.

However,  the only simple ajax example I have found is the yaws json
example,  And it looked me very complex and innatural:

    http://yaws.hyber.org/json_intro.yaws

Has anyone had experiences and examples about ajax in erlang to share?

For examples, which fondation javascript library do you feel is the best
to use? The example ajax jukebox uses Prototipe, but I was under the
impression that the  pythonic/functional nature of Mochikit could be
more appropriate for Erlang. However also jQuery has a functional nature...