[erlang-questions] clarify: Process Garbage Collection

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sun Dec 23 19:33:36 CET 2007

The process will have a reference to itself, and has an independent
thread. If the thread of execution terminates, either through an
explicit exit() (or error()), or if a function returns rather than
calling another function, or recursively calling itself, then the
process is garbage collected, even if there happen to be
other processes holding references to the pid.

BR,
Ulf W