[erlang-questions] Memory usage by Mnesia growing to fast and it seems very strange

Dmitriy Gorbenko bazil@REDACTED
Mon Dec 17 16:25:19 CET 2007

We have done again few test, and find that if we shall do transaction
writing, memory usage will grow.
If we will use dirty commands, then memory growing, but not so fast, and
sometimes (and it's interesting fact) even did not grow at all.

Ok, even if we use transactions to operate with Mnesia for about 500 000
times, and Mnesia accumulate 40-60 megabytes, after a few minutes of
idle (beam process is idle - nothing to do to him), memory usage will
fall to 9-11 megabytes. And this gives me opinion to think that Mnesia
under heavy load just delay "free memory" procedure  until "better time"
comes. And then this time is come - memory usage very quickly decrease.

Is my assumption right ?

Thanks.