[erlang-questions] Book expectations

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Sat Dec 15 00:41:13 CET 2007

Matthew,

On Dec 14, 2007, at 11:01 PM, Matthew Dempsky wrote:

> It is my hope that if you write about Erlang driver threads and timers
> (or any topic), you will be writing from actual experience in using
> them in production or at least an environment where you impose
> production-like restrictions on yourself.  Otherwise, it belongs in a
> blog post, not a book.

I hate to disappoint you but my goal for the book is not for me to write
about things I have experience with in a production environment. My goal
is to clearly explain topics that may otherwise look obscure.

Device drivers are one such topic.

I don't aim to pass myself off as an expert. I do aim for deep and
complete
coverage of every topic that I write about. This is the reason I ask
questions.

Does this make me qualified or unqualified to write the book? I don't
know!
You will be the judge once the book is 2/3 finished and enters the Prags
beta book program.

Do you think you are more qualified to write an Erlang book than I am?
You may well be. Please feel free to write another Erlang book,
we don't have enough of them at the moment!

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com