[erlang-questions] Linked-in drivers: driver_lock_driver and driver_create_port

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Fri Dec 14 21:40:15 CET 2007

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 03:18:16PM +0000, Joel Reymont wrote:
}  What is the advantage of locking a driver in memory with
}  driver_lock_driver to make it behave like one of Erlang's statically
}  linked drivers?

I recently found this useful with a driver to a C API which had no
facility to be unlinked.  It would be nice if yu could load and
unload the driver as needed however this particular library would
crash if you tried to unload it.  Unloading happens during shutdown
so it would always crash.  I just disabled unloading.

--
	-Vance