[erlang-questions] : Linked-in drivers: output and outputv callbacks

Thu Dec 13 23:06:10 CET 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 09:30:34PM +0000, Joel Reymont wrote:
> Tony,
>
> You misunderstood my question. It's not _what_ outputv does but how is
> it possible that efile_drv.c sets up both outputv and output callbacks
> and both seem to be called somehow.

output is not called as a callback, but from the outputv callback
(that is called by the emulator).

I did not have the time to rewrite all operations into the outputv
callback when I wrote it (before all operations were in output),
so I kept a fallback at the end of outputv to flatten the data
and call output as before.

The output callback should die and all operations should be
moved to outputv. When anyone gets the time.