[erlang-questions] clarify: why does Dialyzer have an implicit dependency on Mnesia?

Tobias Lindahl tobias.lindahl@REDACTED
Thu Dec 13 12:03:02 CET 2007

Eric Merritt wrote:
> I understand my issue now. It was a combination of two problems. The
> first is that I was using an undocumented api to generate a plt file
> from the erlang. This API went away at some point, it was undocumented
> so thats expected.

The api didn't really go away, but it sure stopped working ;-) Now that
I know that someone is actually using it, I can take a look at
implementing it properly.

> However, with dialyzer no longer being told to
> output a plt file and it not having a plt file available it tried to
> create one. Since it used its defaults for this and mnesia wasn't
> available it bombed out. It might be worth adding a check in the
> generation loop just to check and make sure that the required libs
> are, in fact, available.

Yes, that would be a good idea.

Thanks for the report.

Tobias