[erlang-questions] clarify: in Dialyzer why is the Erlang API less complete then the command line api?

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Wed Dec 12 21:35:46 CET 2007

Eric Merritt wrote:
> Guys,
>
>  Dialyzer seems to have a disparity between what options are able to
> be passed to the Erlang API and what options are able to be passed on
> the command line. At the very least there is no way to set output-plt
> in the api like you can on the command line. There may be others that
> I haven't run into. Granted there are work arounds to this, but
> shouldn't you be able to do anything in the api that you are able to
> do on the command line?

The Dialyzer developers have a habit of rarely using the API -- for some
reason we use the command line version.  So it's quite possible that
options that were added quite recently to the command-line version were
not added to the API version of Dialyzer.  Their omission is not
intentional.  Thanks for telling us about it.  We would appreciate even
more a patch if indeed you find the API version useful.

Kostis