[erlang-questions] clarify: Ericsson Erlang vision/strategy

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Wed Dec 12 09:37:14 CET 2007

--- jm <jeffm@REDACTED> wrote:

> Thomas Lindgren wrote:
> > Though it would be kind of interesting to
> build
> > an xorp-style router with an Erlang routing
> engine.
>
> Yes, this sounds interesting to me too. Not being
> familiar with xorp
> other than the name and knowing in broad terms what
> it does though.

As I understand it, xorp at its core is a routing
engine that processes BGP and other routing protocols
and directs/configures a collection of forwarding
engines. So, as I see it, use the same forwarding
engines and write the BGP/... and upper-half control
stuff in Erlang.

Best,
Thomas