[erlang-questions] What FFI to use for new code

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Tue Dec 11 12:34:02 CET 2007

I'm struggling to write the "C interface" chapter of my book. I would
like to write the Mac Cocoa bridge since it would cover XML processing
and maybe even a GUI chapter as well. I specifically want to write a
linked-in driver.

The main reason why I'm struggling is that I find the current linked-
in driver interface ... umm... very difficult to deal with. I don't
find the Erlang Driver Toolkit (EDTK) [1] or even Dryverl [2] to be a
great alternative.

Would it be reasonable to use the EEP for the Erlang FFI given that
the book won't come out for a few months?

	Thanks, Joel

[1] http://www.snookles.com/erlang/edtk/
[2] http://dryverl.objectweb.org/

--