[erlang-questions] pre-EEP: accurate float printing (replacement for io_lib_format:fwrite_g/1)

Tue Dec 11 09:09:06 CET 2007

I suggest you make the EEP for a new io_lib floating point print
format. The problem here is to find a good letter since ~e, ~f
and ~g are already used. Perhaps it can be done through some
unused precision specifier... Changing an existing feature can always
cause all kinds of unexpected problems. Then suggest that the shell
should use the new format.

These sound like nice backwards compatible changes that have a
good chance of being accepted.