[erlang-questions] Erlang HTTP client is not so fault tollerant...

Claes Wikström klacke@REDACTED
Mon Dec 10 23:59:06 CET 2007

Timmy Turner wrote:

> Therefore, I'd like to replace the first line of the incoming server
> response from "HTTP/1.1 301\r\n" to "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved
> Permanently\r\n", but I can't seem to find where the appropriate to do
> so would be...

Personably I've found the HTTP client in OTP unusable and I'd
never put it in a production environment unless the set of URLs to
GET was finite and all GETs were tested.
It hangs on bad input instead of returning an error last
time I tried it. Not ready for production use.

ibrowse in jungerl works much better. I don't think there are any
easy ways to get to ibrowse short of checking out the jungerl
tree and ripping it out though.

/klacke