[erlang-questions] Source patch for R12B-0 available

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Mon Dec 10 13:33:19 CET 2007

Hi,

Since the combination SMP and 64 bit sparc apparently never has worked
in R11B you can't have any system in service dependent on this patch
do you?

So if you are planning on using the SMP emulator for the first time in a product
I would really recommend that you put your old policy away and go for R12B.

The reasons for that are in my opinion many:
- R12B is the most stable version with best performance when it comes
to SMP execution.
R12B is the version where we will have regular service releases with patches and
improvements.
R12B is the version where improvements regarding SMP will appear.
R12B is the version where we may support more platforms.
Bugs found by open source users in R12B AND PREVIOUS releases will be
corrected in R12B-1, 2, ..., etc.

/Regards Kenneth Erlang/OTP team, Ericsson AB