[erlang-questions] HOWTO??: link erl , *.beam to exe for Windows.

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Thu Dec 6 11:50:15 CET 2007

Guorui Ji writes:
 > Hi, I need your help.
 > I want to make my Erlang program to a exe file for windows.
 > Well, Do we have a tool as py2exe in Python?

No, there is no py2exe for Erlang.

>From the FAQ:

  | 5.20. ...distribute the Erlang programs I write to my
  | friends/colleagues/users?
  |
  | Erlang programs only run on the Erlang VM, so every machine which is
  | going to run an Erlang program needs to have a copy of the Erlang
  | runtime installed.
  |
  | Installing the entire Erlang system from erlang.org (or, perhaps,
  | indirectly via a packaging system such as Debian's or BSD's) is the
  | simplest option in many cases.
  |
  | A more modular alternative is to install the CEAN runtime.
  |
  | A further alternative which has fallen into disuse is SAE: stand-alone
  | Erlang. SAE allows an Erlang program to be distributed as just two
  | files, totalling about 500k. SAE no longer works on current Erlang
  | releases, but for historical interest, there is a page about SAE which
  | shows you how to build a self-contained system for the (somewhat
  | outdated) R9B Erlang release.

Single exe file versions of Erlang programs have been discussed on the
mailing list several times, you can relive at least some of those
exciting and productive discussions by asking google "py2exe erlang".

Matthias